Monday, March 9, 2009

Teaching Your Self How to Become a Stock Photographer

My last post talked about how to become a photographer, ways to get the education that you will need. If you recall you have several options.

  • Get a degree in photography

  • Take a few classes

  • Get an apprenticeship

  • Self educate

Many of us don’t have the option of doing any of the first three because of financial and time restrictions. It would be wonderful if you could go back to school or had the time to work with a professional. If you can do these things than by all means do them. This post is for those out there that cannot.

I Want to Teach Myself How to Become a Professional Photographer, Where do I Start?

That is the exact same question I asked myself not to long ago. I spent hours upon hours scouring the internet, local library, and book stores trying to find the answer. I am one of the lucky ones that got to take numerous photography classes in both high school and collage. It was over 10 years ago, and I don’t remember much because I think I slept through those classes. I’m pretty sure they didn’t mention any sure ways of becoming professional photographers. I just remember chemicals and f-stops. Now we can work with digital cameras and use photo editing software, so you don’t absolutely need to know about the chemicals.

The point I am trying to make is that you don’t have to know a lot about photography to teach your self how to become a photographer. You can learn everything you need to know from books and other information.

If you are interested in making money with your pictures than I would recommend studying how to become a stock photographer. I have compiled an e-book on the subject called “How To Make Money From Your Photos: Microstock Photography Tutorial” It will get you headed in the right direction. I normally sell this book for $27, but you can get it for free. I want to get you to the point that my other service “Ahead of the Curve” can really help you. Just visit the link below.

Ahead of the Curve is a membership that allows you to get my recorded interviews with people that will give you great advice as to how to become a photographer and make money at it.

1 comment: